Meet the Gross's or Gross' (whatever the right way to do it is) Farmer's Market on wheels. Matthew, of course, had this great idea to sell our produce instead of letting it go bad on our counter. Well, we started with a makeshift wagon out of a skateboard, then decided to borrow an actual red wagon from a neighbor. Matthew, Ella and I walked around the neighborhood selling our produce for very high prices. Matthew is a natural sales guy. When someone would ask, how much a watermellon cost, Matthew would respond by saying that they could buy two for $2 instead of, they are $1 each. That's my boy. We, I mean, the kids made $15, which they split evenly. It was lots of fun. I think Ella learned a lot from Matthew in his salesman techniques. Eventually, they pooped out and dad was left pulling both of them with a couple of cantelopes rolling around. Hopefully everyone that purchased from us enjoyed their produce. If you didn't, sorry, no refunds... Anyway, if you see a couple of cute kids walking in front of your house with a weird looking skateboard thing carrying fruit, come out and say "hi". You might just be able to pick up some fruit or vegetables for cheap prices!! You might just score a deal "2 watermellons for the price of $2!!"
Cute kids, produce, red wagon...
Neighbor buying produce from cute kids with red wagon. 
3 comments:
I'm glad it worked out so well for them. I used to sell raspberries every summer, but I don't think I ever made that much!
Smart kid!! He made a lot of money!!
Wow! Maybe I should try selling my produce around the neighborhood!!
Post a Comment