Saturday, June 13, 2009

First Baseball Game

I asked Matthew if he wanted me to sign him up for machine pitch this year and he said NO!
So I did it anyway with out telling him. When it came time to go to the first practice he was not very happy with me. Matthew thought that machine pitch was like when daddy takes him to the bateing cages and the ball comes at you at 25mph. He had a great practice and was looking forward to his first game. Saturday we ran all around getting last minute things for him to be ready for his first game and you could tell he was a little unsure of was to expect. The game time finally came and he found that he had some teammates that he knew and that made him feel better.
Matthew playing infield

Swing batter batter!!

After the game Steven and Matthew raced to the car and when they got there Matthew said, "I love that game".

1 comment:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I had to smile that you signed him up when he said NO. He sounds like my Alex! I have signed him up for so many things that he "didn't want to do", and in the end he enjoyed them and learned a lot. Alex just doesn't like to try new things. It was always helpful when a friend was doing it though. :)