Friday, December 4, 2009

One of many things to be thankful for

For those of you that do not know, I was not supposed to have anymore children because of my health. After Matthew and Ella, I always knew that there was a child missing from our family. I would tell Steven all the time that we needed to have another baby. I knew there was another child waiting to come into our family.

I had not been on birth control for years and I do not get pregnant easily. I had go to the OB in Nov. for an annual check-up and ask for fertility med. I told Steven. He was not excited about the idea (he was worried about me) to say the least. I was very hurt but didn't want to do something without my husbands approval or blessing. I thought about it for a day or so and then I got down on my knees while he was at work and prayed to Heavenly Father about what to do? I told him that I wanted a baby and I felt that one was waiting for us. I said that I would not take the medication and if its meant to be I will get pregnant. I left my prayer in the Lord's hands and did not tell my husband about it. I filed the Rx away and did not think about it for 2 months when I found out that I was expecting our third baby! I then told Steven about my prayer and he asked me why I didn't tell him before. I told him that I knew he didn't want me to have anymore so I did it with out him. I was so scared to be pregnant and I was not sure what he would think. He came to me and told me that it was going to be OK. This was the baby that I had been talking about for years and was waiting to come to our family.

I walk around my house tonight checking on my kids and think about how blessed I am to have 3 healthy, active, and loving kids in my life. I count my blessings all the time and should count them even more.

7 comments:

neecy said...

And we are so happy for you! You were right, there was one more.

Stephanie said...

What a blessing they are! Love the post and the picture! Can't wait to see your cute blessings at Christmas!

Lewis Family said...

Things always work out just how they are supposed too : ) Glad that he is here healthy and happy and cute! ~Em

Eric and Rozanne said...

That's a neat story...thanks for sharing. I'm so happy for you.

Amy Jones said...

You made me cry.


Those kids are so dang cute. :)

Anonymous said...

to

Nikki said...

I had no idea. I just saw your blog on Rozanne's list. I am so happy for you.