Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sometimes...I feel like a pin cushion!

This is the picture after I put in my insulin pump and the blood sugar sensor. As I started to clean up I looked down and saw what a mess I had made. The first thought I had was that my bathroom looked like a Dr.'s office or lab. I then started to feel sorry for myself but luckily that feeling did not last long.

I have to thank my wonderful husband for helping me every time I have to change one of these. He always puts the pump or sensor in for me and I know that he feels so bad when it hurts and I cry. He holds me until it stops. I always tell him before he pushes the buttons to insert the needles NOT to hurt me and he never says a word because we both know that is not a promise he can keep.

I love you-Hon


8 comments:

Teri said...

Oh man! I don't blame you for feeling like a pin cushion. How awesome that Steven will help you with it, I bet it's hard for him to know that he's going to hurt you. I'm so glad for modern medicine that you can have something to help you stay healthy. I didn't realize how many of your posts I missed. Congrats on the new laptop, hip hip hooray! Your children are so beautiful and so sweet, I'm so glad that you have them all here.

Lewis Family said...

(((((Hugs!))))) Needles are no fun!

Stephanie said...

You are both so brave. It would be hard to be in either position.

Samantha said...

You are one tough cookie!!! I am glad you do it though, that means you are taking care of yourself and your family! I am glad Steven does it for you, please don't make me do it when I come to live with you! I don't like to hurt people.

Eric and Rozanne said...

That is sweet of him to help you. It's hard to see those you love in pain. Sorry you have go through all that. :(

Amy Jones said...

You are a pin cushion. And it sucks.

Sorry.

Mindy said...

I feel your pain!

Mindy said...

No seriously I do.